FWA is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and to using technology to enhance your online security
1. FWA is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and to using technology to enhance your online security. Before you use certain areas of this website we may ask you to register on it by requiring you to enter your personal information such as your name and email address. We will not release to any third party any personally identifying information obtained in this way, without your prior consent. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act I998 ('the Act').
2. IP addresses of all visitors are only used to track how the site is used by system administrators and for demographic purposes.
3. Submitted sites, entails collecting IP address, email address, name, URL, site title and description. This information is only used to process each nomination. Winning sites’ information is kept securely on file and all other information from non-winning sites is deleted from our files.
4. Membership of the FWA Monthly Newsletter entails collecting email address, name/alias. This information is only used in conjunction with the monthly newsletter to enable FWA to send members FWA news once per month and, very rarely, extraordinary news events. To have information removed from our membership list, email email@example.com with your registered email address.
5. Credit and/or debit card information and personal details given through the FWA website will always be taken via a secure (Secure Socket Layers) connection. Credit and/or debit card details are only used to process the transaction and are not stored and are not held or used for marketing purposes.
6. With reference to the Child Online Privacy Protection Act 21st April 2000, by the US Federal Trade Commission, we will not accept any requests from children aged under 13.
7. All collected information is held with the utmost care and is not divulged to any third party. We will not sell, rent, loan, trade, or lease any personal information collected at our site. In a case of law we may need to comply with certain proceedings and divulge personal information from our files.
8. Cookies are used to track a visitor’s route through our site and enable FWA to garner statistical information (like bandwidth, browser use and visitor numbers) about our site for future development. You do not have to accept cookies to be able to view our site but may find some features inaccessible.
9. Some information requested is voluntary; compulsory fields are marked clearly on the registration form. We will limit the collection and use of such information to the minimum required to deliver, develop and improve our services and other opportunities and the better administration of our business.
10. The information we supply will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If there are any inaccuracies we will delete or correct them promptly.
11. Personal information, if any, which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law.
12. To make sure your personal information remains confidential, we communicate these privacy guidelines to every FWA employee.
13. This website may contain links to other websites. However, FWA does not share your personal information with those websites and is not responsible for their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of those companies. Accordingly, this privacy statement and policy apply only to this website and not to linked websites.
14. Your visit to and use of this website and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Statement of Privacy and the laws of England and Wales.
15. This Statement is applicable only to information collected from you during your visit to this website. We will display a prominent notice on this website's home page whenever this Privacy Statement is updated or changed and you should check our Privacy Statement periodically. By choosing to continue usage of FWA, you agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement.
1 This website is owned and operated by Robert Ford, d.b.a.Favourite Website Awards
2 Our registered office is at Bumper Hall Penn, Royston Road, Litlington, SG8 0RL, UK
3 Our principal place of business is at Bumper Hall Penn, Royston Road, Litlington, SG8 0RL, UK
4 You can contact us by writing to the business address given above, by using our website contact form, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01763852356