I. General Statement
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ ALL THE LEGAL NOTICES ON THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, PRIVACY & DISCLAIMER STATEMENTS (‘the Legal Notices’).
FWA (Favourite Website Awards) owns and operates this Web, located at http://www.TheFWA.com (‘the Website’). The Legal Notices state the terms and conditions under which you may access and use the Website. By accessing and using the Website you are indicating your acceptance to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Legal Notices.
FWA may revise the Legal Notices at any time by updating this posting. Use of the Website after such changes are posted will signify your agreement to these revised legal notices. You should visit this page periodically to review Legal Notices.
II. Intellectual Property Statement
1. All material contained and presented on this website, including but not limited to text and graphics is the copyright or similar rights of Favourite Website Awards (FWA), unless otherwise expressly stated.
2. FWA reserves all its rights and strictly forbids any unauthorised use or duplication. Any statutorily authorised rights to print or download are strictly limited for your sole personal use. No material, however, can be used for any commercial purpose whatsoever.
3. Any copies of the pages of this website which you save, by any means whatsoever can only be used for subsequent viewing purposes or to print extracts for personal use.
4. Unless otherwise expressly permitted in writing, you may not create a database in any form whatsoever of these web pages.
5. FWA welcomes links to this website, however, it does not wish to be linked to or from any third-party website which contains:
a) any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information of any kind, including, without limitation, any content constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, provincial, national or international law, regulation which may be damaging or detrimental to the activities, operations, credibility or integrity of FWA; or
b) any material or information of any kind which promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual, could be harmful to minors, harasses or advocates harassment of another person, provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, provides instructional information about illegal activities, including, without limitation, the making or buying of illegal weapons; or
c) any information, software or other material which violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material which is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights, or which is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights. FWA reserves the right to prohibit or refuse to accept any link to the website, including, without limitation, any link which contains or makes available any content or information of the foregoing nature, at any time.
6. All Registered Trade Marks used on this website and on any Internet connections made through this website, whether marked as Trade Marks or not marked, are declared to belong to FWA, unless otherwise stated. Registered Trade Mark (2005) FWA. All rights reserved.
1. FWA does not represent nor make any warranty in respect of the accuracy, reliability or continuous supply of any of the information on this website. The services and information contained on this website are only for general information and use and are not intended to address your particular requirements.
2. FWA accept no responsibility for the information and/or content provided at any of our winners' websites.
3. FWA reserve the right to remove any winner from our winners' list without notice, due to infringements on our process and criteria, which they agreed to at the time of initial application.
4. FWA award sites at a specific date in time and cannot be held responsible for any changes made to any given site at any future date. Sites that change their design and/or content from the awarded version may be removed with immediate effect from our database if it is felt their current site does not meet current standards and criteria.
5. Any reliance you place upon any material on this website will be at your sole risk. FWA reserves the right in its sole discretion, but without any obligation, to make amendments or improvements to, or withdraw or correct any error or omission in any portion of the material without notice.
6. The service and the materials are provided by FWA on an "as is" basis, and FWA expressly disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
7. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, FWA hereby excludes liability for any claims, loss, demands or damages of any kind whatsoever with respect to the service, information and materials given by FWA including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damages, whether arising from loss of profits, loss of revenue, loss of data, loss of use or otherwise and whether or not the possibility of such loss has been notified to FWA. The foregoing will apply whether such claims, loss or damages arise in tort, contract, negligence, under statute or otherwise.
8. Dealing with FWA sponsors and partners and sites linked through the FWA website and any other terms and conditions associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such sponsor/partner or linked site.
9. Your visit to and use of this website and any dispute over liability is subject to these Disclaimers, including limitations of damages, and the laws of England and Wales.
IV. Refund & Cancellation Policy
1. Submitted Projects. Projects that are submitted for FWA awards immediately enter our live judging process once the submission has completed and, thus, our service is fulfilled at the point of entering. You may edit your submission by following the EDIT link in the confirmation email. However, in the event that you wish to remove your submission from our system, please contact us within 7 days of submitting and we will issue you with a Voucher code credit to the value of your original submission. A Voucher code enables you to submit one further project for free.
2. Submitted Job Vacancies. Job vacancies that are submitted to the FWA website go live once the submission process has completed. Job vacancies are live for 60 days on the FWA website. You may edit your Job Vacancy at any time in that 60 day period via the EDIT link in the confirmation email. In the event that you wish to remove your Job Vacancy from our system, please contact us within 7 days of submitting and we will issue you with a Voucher code credit to the value of your original submission. A Voucher code enables you to submit one further Job Vacancy for free.
3. Banner advertising. Banner advertising can not be bought directly via the website and is handled on a personal basis. Once a banner term is agreed a contract is entered into for the term and the payment for the term is non-refundable.
V. Contact us:
1 This website is owned and operated by Robert Ford, d.b.a.Favourite Website Awards
2 Our registered office is at Bumper Hall Penn, Royston Road, Litlington, SG8 0RL, UK
3 Our principal place of business is at Bumper Hall Penn, Royston Road, Litlington, SG8 0RL, UK
4 You can contact us by writing to the business address given above, by using our website contact form, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01763852356
VI. Privacy Statement
1. FWA is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and to using technology to enhance your online security. Before you use certain areas of this website we may ask you to register on it by requiring you to enter your personal information such as your name and email address. We will not release to any third party any personally identifying information obtained in this way, without your prior consent. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act I998 ('the Act').
2. IP addresses of all visitors are only used to track how the site is used by system administrators and for demographic purposes.
3. Submitted sites, entails collecting IP address, email address, name, URL, site title and description. This information is only used to process each nomination. Winning sites’ information is kept securely on file and all other information from non-winning sites is deleted from our files.
4. Membership of the FWA Monthly Newsletter entails collecting email address, name/alias. This information is only used in conjunction with the monthly newsletter to enable FWA to send members FWA news once per month and, very rarely, extraordinary news events. To have information removed from our membership list, email email@example.com with your registered email address.
5. Credit and/or debit card information and personal details given through the FWA website will always be taken via a secure (Secure Socket Layers) connection. Credit and/or debit card details are only used to process the transaction and are not stored and are not held or used for marketing purposes.
6. With reference to the Child Online Privacy Protection Act 21st April 2000, by the US Federal Trade Commission, we will not accept any requests from children aged under 13.
7. All collected information is held with the utmost care and is not divulged to any third party. We will not sell, rent, loan, trade, or lease any personal information collected at our site. In a case of law we may need to comply with certain proceedings and divulge personal information from our files.
9. Some information requested is voluntary; compulsory fields are marked clearly on the registration form. We will limit the collection and use of such information to the minimum required to deliver, develop and improve our services and other opportunities and the better administration of our business.
10. The information we supply will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If there are any inaccuracies we will delete or correct them promptly.
11. Personal information, if any, which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law.
12. To make sure your personal information remains confidential, we communicate these privacy guidelines to every FWA employee.
13. This website may contain links to other websites. However, FWA does not share your personal information with those websites and is not responsible for their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of those companies. Accordingly, this privacy statement and policy apply only to this website and not to linked websites.
14. Your visit to and use of this website and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Statement of Privacy and the laws of England and Wales.
15. This Statement is applicable only to information collected from you during your visit to this website. We will display a prominent notice on this website's home page whenever this Privacy Statement is updated or changed and you should check our Privacy Statement periodically. By choosing to continue usage of FWA, you agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement.