Brave New WorldHalifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Job descriptionOur Director of UX/UI:
will be working on a team of like-minded designer, engineers and developers conceptualizing and leading cutting edge digital solutions. We are looking for individuals with a strong desire to challenge themselves and their peers to build better products for us and our clients. They will be an mediary between clients, consumers, and the rich digital experiences they collectively are looking for.
You will be at the helm of creating incredible experiences
Our director of UX/UI will be a maverick of all things UX related including but not limited to research, interaction design, information architecture, and usability evaluation. In our type of environment you will most likely be assigned to many clients/projects. so it is critical that you have the ability to multitask and complete projects within the given constraints.
You will also have the ability to be working closely with creative, strategy and other team members to produce amazing digital products. Your mandate is to create a seamless user experience for the audience.
Our Director of UX/UI will supervise, mentor and provide direction to a small team of UX designers to produce inspiring, provocative, and disruptive results. We want someone who can push themselves and everyone around them to perform at a higher level.
You will also be hands on yourself so be prepared to show us your chops.
Help us build our family
The ideal candidate will be someone who is looking to build and grow with the company.
About Brave New World
Brave New World is about innovation, venturing into the unknown and challenging ourselves to do incredible work. We have a great team... a great environment and our company cares greatly for its people.
We have been around for almost a decade under the moniker of Raised Media. New name, new brand, new everything. Why you ask? We looked at our company as it stands in 2015 and it doesn't bear much resemblance to the one that was started back in 2006. We've relocated offices (more than once), our staff has grown in size, our work is much more sophisticated and so are our partners. We are are also developing a new market for ourselves (shhh, it's very hush-hush) that we'll be talking about a lot more next year.
So, much like a teenager attending a new school for the first time. Bobby has become Robert and we've become Brave New World.
The skills and expertise we value
- Inspire and embrace challenges and new ways of thinking
- Proactively research and pursue ideas for professional development and introduce opportunities to the team
- Lead the planning for, and facilitation of, primary discovery research activities including stakeholder interviews, contextual inquiries, focus groups, card sort studies, concept tests and usability evaluation.
- Understand users' wants, needs, expectations and current behaviors and document these user findings through personas, user experience models, and discovery findings presentations.
- Represent the voice of the user with both internal teams and the client throughout the life-cycle of the project
- Understand our clients' business and brand strategies and help activate those strategies through innovative experience
- Make sense of a complex information space and propose information architectures that are both logical and scalable
- Design across platforms including tablet, mobile and social media channels. Understand what types of experiences are made possible by current digital technologies
- Understand and champion basic usability best practices and principles and how these principles can come to life in interactions for our clients. Know when it's OK to violate principles for the sake of the larger digital experience
- Document proposed page hierarchies, navigation schemas, taxonomy and nomenclature through sitemap documentation and user flows.
- A Senior Interaction Designer is expected to own more complex project efforts and documentation
- Create interaction diagrams and page level wireframes that are clear and thorough.
- Know what level of fidelity is appropriate to best communicate the site vision to both internal and client teams and understand the best way to present the work and get buy-in from the client.
- Collaborate closely with strategists, visual designers, copywriters, technologists and client services professionals to come up with solutions that are achievable and realistic given time and budget constraints.
-5-7 years experience applying design thinking to achieve business objectives by resolving user needs via sketches, wireframes, site maps, and prototypes of varying degrees of fidelity.
- A love of performance metrics for specific interaction patterns in different contexts.
- Must be organized, able to act independently and juggle multiple work streams.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills that allow you to build rapport with coworkers across disciplines, and clients across industries.
- Ability to both listen and be understood in informal team meetings and high priority client presentations.
- Experience presenting design rationale informed by insight and backed by data.
- Familiarity with a variety of software products including the Adobe Creative Suite, and tools like Axure, Omnigraffle, and Sketch, and InVision.
- Empathy for users, an innate curiosity, and a hunger for solving problems.
- Careful attention to detail, particularly in formal, client-facing documentation and deliverables.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects, often with budget constraints as well as tight timelines.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent experience.
Benefits to you
- Passionate work environment and peers
- Flexible work hours
- Competitive salaries
- Additional medical coverage (Prescription, Vision, Dental and more)
- MacBook Pro Work Environment
- Brave New World is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
Please email resume/portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to applyEmail us at email@example.com
Jobs and Careers for the Creative Industry The target audience to fill your latest vacancies is surfing The FWA every day. Take advantage of one of the biggest niche audiences online by posting your job vacancies today. TheFWA.com serves over 3 million site visits per month to over 425,000 unique users from 181 countries.
Your posting will be immediately available for viewing and will stay online for 60 days. You can also promote your posting via social networking channels including Facebook and Twitter. Reach your target right away!
We have successfully run job vacancy adverts for over 500 agencies / companies from 34 countries. Most of the world's interactive agencies have used this service and so have brands including: Alienware; Burton Snowboards; Cartoon Network; Disney Online; EA; Macy’s; Microsoft; Ministry of Sound; MSN; MTV Networks; MySpace; Nike; PUMA; Rockstar Games; Sony Online Entertainment.
Submit a job