Job descriptionThe Tech Lead is responsible for developing, securing and leading the technology aspect of projects. He/she leads technical strategy, development, execution and innovation across projects and should inspire the team to indulge in new creative uses of technical solutions. The Tech Lead should have an instinctive and profound understanding of relevant technologies and a pragmatic hands-on approach to problem solving. The Tech Lead is a senior member of the development team and should therefore set an example and show leadership skills to the rest of the development team through mentoring, and where required, manage them on a project basis. The Tech Lead also works closely with the CD and AD to back them on the technological implication of B-Reel projects from concept to delivery. It is also part of the TL's role, to support the Tech Director in facilitating development methods, processes, storage, versions, the structure of the build. The TL can also become project lead when they are tech heavy. The TL reports to the Tech Director.
Another key requirement for the TL is excellent communication skills. This is relied upon both within the B-Reel team and with our clients. As with all B-Reel team members, the TL needs to be comfortable with working collaboratively, and where needed participate and / or lead conversations with our clients, and also be encouraged to participate in external events as an ambassador for B-Reel.
- Own and drive technical projects and provide leadership for a group of Developers in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Plan and execute complex technical projects
- Contribute technically to projects, help team find solutions for Development
- Provide technical and architectural leadership for one or more projects
- Share knowledge with team members by mentoring, reviewing code, reviewing design docs, giving technical talks, acting as a consultant on projects
- Strong expertise in problem solving and technical innovation
- Continually push the envelope and boundaries on how creative ideas and technology can work hand-in-hand
- Guide experiences and communication through code
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and enhance software solutions
- Prototype integrated concepts, demos and experiments with various APIs, libraries and emerging technologies
- Manage development team through pitch and project lifecycle
- Partner with Art Directors, Designers and Producers to concept and build ground-breaking digital work, using your technical influence to drive innovation and development best practices
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables along with the creatives and producers
Writing treatments, or parts thereof; monitors blogs and forums for emerging technologies; evaluating when they are ripe for implementation in B-Reel projects; being part of creative brainstorming sessions.
The B-Reel developer group continually adopts new technologies and practices, creates prototypes and works on R&D. The TL should have advanced knowledge of current web-related languages and technologies (CSS3, JS, Canvas, WebGL and more) plus the ability to take on non-web projects (mobile apps, installation, etc). Experience with lower level technologies (C++ / Objective C, OpenGL) and frameworks (Cinder++, OpenFrameworks) is highly valued.
How to applyApply here!
Jobs and Careers for the Creative Industry The target audience to fill your latest vacancies is surfing The FWA every day. Take advantage of one of the biggest niche audiences online by posting your job vacancies today. TheFWA.com serves over 3 million site visits per month to over 425,000 unique users from 181 countries.
Your posting will be immediately available for viewing and will stay online for 60 days. You can also promote your posting via social networking channels including Facebook and Twitter. Reach your target right away!
We have successfully run job vacancy adverts for over 500 agencies / companies from 34 countries. Most of the world's interactive agencies have used this service and so have brands including: Alienware; Burton Snowboards; Cartoon Network; Disney Online; EA; Macy’s; Microsoft; Ministry of Sound; MSN; MTV Networks; MySpace; Nike; PUMA; Rockstar Games; Sony Online Entertainment.
Submit a job