Column FiveIrvine, CA, USA
Job descriptionAt Column Five, Interactive Developers are bad-asses who help us create world-class interactive experiences and the architecture they are built on. They are great collaborators; they have good senses of humor; they are forward-thinking, self-motivated and generally excited about learning.
Day-to-day, they do everything to serve our clients and produce results-driven creative. This includes:
- Building web interactives, data visualizations, and applications using a mixture of client-side and server-side technologies
- Contributing to the concepting of interactive user experience and shaping the direction of projects
- Collaborating with various departments to ensure smooth production and providing support to team members
- Enjoying a nice beer on Fridays*
(*If that's something you enjoy)
As an Interactive Developer, you are an excellent programmer, problem solver, effective communicator, and creative thinker. Interactive Developers collaborate with Producers and Designers in ideation meetings to come up with innovative and effective ways to satisfy the client's objectives with our interactive work. Furthermore, you are in charge of maintaining technical documentation and finding other ways to provide excellent client service.
- Experience writing RESTful APIs, MVC and MVVM full-stack applications, and have a background in RDBMS and NoSQL
- Write code that conforms to common programming design patterns, is extensible, and is legible to other programmers
- Create technical proposals, scope existing work, and establish realistic deadlines
- Experience working with clients and exhibit strong communication skills
- Passion for mastering your craft and improving how things are done
Our company is relaxed, but we work at a fast pace. We thrive in an environment filled with competition, camaraderie, and collaboration. While we value sharp minds and professionals, we like to surround ourselves with people who have a sense of humor and who understand what it means to be confident yet humble. We know how to get things done and have fun at the same time. We request the same from you.
Competitive salaries, full health insurance, FSA plans, generous 401(k) savings plans, beer Fridays, salad Wednesdays, ping-pong games and fun team events.
Location: On-site, in Irvine, CA
How to applyPlease provide your resume in PDF format and an online portfolio site. DOE. No phone calls and no recruiters, please.
Apply to: http://www.columnfivemedia.com/jobs
Jobs and Careers for the Creative Industry The target audience to fill your latest vacancies is surfing The FWA every day. Take advantage of one of the biggest niche audiences online by posting your job vacancies today. TheFWA.com serves over 3 million site visits per month to over 425,000 unique users from 181 countries.
Your posting will be immediately available for viewing and will stay online for 60 days. You can also promote your posting via social networking channels including Facebook and Twitter. Reach your target right away!
We have successfully run job vacancy adverts for over 500 agencies / companies from 34 countries. Most of the world's interactive agencies have used this service and so have brands including: Alienware; Burton Snowboards; Cartoon Network; Disney Online; EA; Macy’s; Microsoft; Ministry of Sound; MSN; MTV Networks; MySpace; Nike; PUMA; Rockstar Games; Sony Online Entertainment.
Submit a job