Truth LabsChicago, United States
Job descriptionTruth Labs creates products and services that help make peoples' lives easier. Our clients (big organizations and small startups) hire us to create unconventional, ambitious, yet thoughtful experiences. We constantly navigate new environments, work with passionate clients, and break down complex problems into simple, usable solutions. You can check out some of our work at truthlabs.com
Who we're looking for
We're looking for someone with a shared passion for technology and design to join our crew. You'll join a solid team of tech-savvy artists and creative technologists. Your every day-to-day activities might include the following technologies:
- HTML5, JS, CSS, Node - strong knowledge of structuring web applications (this accounts for a large portion of our work)
- Hosting knowledge - EC2, S3, Azure
- Atypical input - touch, voice, ambient, gesture
- Projection mapping
- 3D workflow - taking c4d or similar formats and rendering in unity, webGL, etc.
- Kinect / OpenCV - or similar computer vision or tracking systems
- Canvas / WebGL loop-based programming experience
- Arduino/hardware integration
- Unity / Cinder / OpenFrameworks
We like to hire versatilists rather than specialists. So it's okay if you aren't an expert in all of the technologies listed above, but we hope you've had experience with some of them and are excited to jump into unfamiliar territory.
Communication and personal initiative is critical for success in our studio. We look for candidates that have the following characteristics:
- Ability to navigate uncharted technologies/platforms to establish boundaries and tear them down
- Articulating the ripple effect of form (design) on function (technology) and vice-versa
- Excellent communication skills when working with the team and our clients
- A desire to inspire the culture and share new ideas, teach and learn from co-workers and clients
- The ability to manage yourself and others across multiple simultaneous projects
- Past work that you can proudly show us and explain what you were responsible for
How we work
We don't operate like traditional agencies. Our designers and developers work together as a single unit and everyone works directly with our clients. We rely heavily on prototyping to iterate our way to an elegant solution. We work hard, take pride in our work, and enjoy the occasional Friday cocktail.
We're located in downtown Chicago. Given the type of work and small team size, the position requires working onsite in our office.
How to applyIf you think you'd be a good fit, hit us up! Please send your résumé and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. No recruiter calls, please.
Jobs and Careers for the Creative Industry The target audience to fill your latest vacancies is surfing The FWA every day. Take advantage of one of the biggest niche audiences online by posting your job vacancies today. TheFWA.com serves over 3 million site visits per month to over 425,000 unique users from 181 countries.
Your posting will be immediately available for viewing and will stay online for 60 days. You can also promote your posting via social networking channels including Facebook and Twitter. Reach your target right away!
We have successfully run job vacancy adverts for over 500 agencies / companies from 34 countries. Most of the world's interactive agencies have used this service and so have brands including: Alienware; Burton Snowboards; Cartoon Network; Disney Online; EA; Macy’s; Microsoft; Ministry of Sound; MSN; MTV Networks; MySpace; Nike; PUMA; Rockstar Games; Sony Online Entertainment.
Submit a job