Left Field LabsVenice, CA, USA
Job descriptionWe're looking for a unique individual capable of delivering clean, cross-browser friendly code while also being an active part of our collaborative office culture. Our ideal candidates are people who thrive on being challenged, not just in executing complex technical tasks but also in pushing the bounds of what we can creatively accomplish together.
At Left Field Labs, our developers are not just code monkeys who are fed design comps; we are problem solvers, creative thinkers, and storytellers. Just as our designers are encouraged to get their hands dirty with code, so too are our developers encouraged to participate in design discussions.
Your main tasks daily will be to implement beautiful front-end experiences for high profile clients. You'll work with designers and producers to come up with elegant solutions, often implementing cutting-edge browser technology to create web experiences that are the first of their kind. Our ideal candidate is somebody who not only has demonstrated experience in web development, but also has the passion to learn and incorporate new technologies.
You should be:
- a clear communicator - out loud, in writing, and in code
- a detail-oriented individual who is committed to producing a high standard of work - you're a perfectionist not because the job demands it from you, but because you take full ownership and pride over your work
- a perpetual learner - you experiment with new technologies and embrace opportunities to take on new technical challenges; you look for opportunities to learn from the people around you, and you look for opportunities to share your knowledge as well
- a collaborator - you are capable of bouncing ideas off of your fellow team members, as well as incorporating feedback on what you're working on
- Strong command of web standards, CSS-driven/table-less HTML layouts, DHTML, cross-browser compatibility
- Solid understanding of Git version control and demonstrated ability of incorporating Git into development workflow
- Server-side experience, knowledge of backend frameworks (no specific framework requirement but we're fans of Django and App Engine)
- Experience with animation on the web using technologies such as CSS3, WebGL, HTML5 Canvas
- Experience/interest working with newer technologies like SASS/Compass, Node, Grunt, CoffeeScript
This is a full-time position. Compensation based on experience.
How to applyInterested and qualified candidates are invited to fill out the application form on this page.
Or email email@example.com
Jobs and Careers for the Creative Industry The target audience to fill your latest vacancies is surfing The FWA every day. Take advantage of one of the biggest niche audiences online by posting your job vacancies today. TheFWA.com serves over 3 million site visits per month to over 425,000 unique users from 181 countries.
Your posting will be immediately available for viewing and will stay online for 60 days. You can also promote your posting via social networking channels including Facebook and Twitter. Reach your target right away!
We have successfully run job vacancy adverts for over 500 agencies / companies from 34 countries. Most of the world's interactive agencies have used this service and so have brands including: Alienware; Burton Snowboards; Cartoon Network; Disney Online; EA; Macy’s; Microsoft; Ministry of Sound; MSN; MTV Networks; MySpace; Nike; PUMA; Rockstar Games; Sony Online Entertainment.
Submit a job