Job descriptionToaster Ltd is a specialist digital agency based in London. We are currently working on some amazing projects for clients such as Google, YouTube, and Toyota. We work alongside Google Creative Lab to craft ideas, explore concepts and execute for projects such as Chrome Super Sync Sports, Life in a Day, Youtube SpaceLab, Google Science Fair and We L'Aquila.
We try to let programmers focus on what they enjoy doing which we find is also usually what they are most efficient at. Depending on your skill set, your role could either focus on the layout / UX programming or designing and implementing core features for web apps.
You may choose to focus on writing carefully crafted web layouts and interactions using HTML/CSS/JS. The challenges involved require a good understanding of cross-browser quirks, best practices for implementing the layout of web apps, and web performance optimisation, especially working with CSS animations while maintaining good framerates and page weight across all platforms.
You will explore the very latest technologies to produce innovative interactive prototypes and game experiences for Google Creative Lab and other clients.
Core skills (all roles)
- Deliver best-in-class HTML/SASS/CSS/JS front-end code across a broad array of interactive web and mobile projects
- Strong understanding of how the web works and writing code that is efficient (HTTP requests, caching, page rendering, page weight, DOM manipulation, etc.)
- Develop and test across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices, including smartphones and tablets
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
Additional skills (layout / UX focused roles)
- JS libraries knowledge (especially Google Closure Library)
- Excellent eye for layout and ability to translate PSD files into pixel perfect HTML/CSS code
- HTML5 and CSS3 expertise
Additional skills (application focused roles)
- Canvas / WebGL / HTML5 drawing API proficiency
- Ability to develop and test across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices including smartphones and tablets
- Google APIs (Maps, YouTube, Mobile, Ads, ...)
- JS physics libraries (Ammo.js, Box2D JS, Three.js etc.)
- Google Closure Library & Closure Compiler
- Google App Engine
About Toaster Ltd.
Toaster Ltd is a specialist digital creative agency with offices in London, Singapore and Mountain View. We are a team of creatives, art directors, graphic designers, illustrators, producers, writers & technologists. Together with our clients we have brought to life ground breaking digital ideas since we formed in 2010.
We work with Google Creative Lab, and directly for other brands like Toyota, Red Bull and Lavazza. As well as helping other advertising agencies produce good stuff. Our work has been honoured at Cannes with a Gold Cyber Lion, by D&AD, theFWA, The Revolution Awards and The Tomorrow Awards.
How to applyPlease submit your application to email@example.com with "Developer – London" in the subject line, along with a cover letter and any sample URLs that show off your code and prove you'll be able to hit the ground running.
Jobs and Careers for the Creative Industry The target audience to fill your latest vacancies is surfing The FWA every day. Take advantage of one of the biggest niche audiences online by posting your job vacancies today. TheFWA.com serves over 3 million site visits per month to over 425,000 unique users from 181 countries.
Your posting will be immediately available for viewing and will stay online for 60 days. You can also promote your posting via social networking channels including Facebook and Twitter. Reach your target right away!
We have successfully run job vacancy adverts for over 500 agencies / companies from 34 countries. Most of the world's interactive agencies have used this service and so have brands including: Alienware; Burton Snowboards; Cartoon Network; Disney Online; EA; Macy’s; Microsoft; Ministry of Sound; MSN; MTV Networks; MySpace; Nike; PUMA; Rockstar Games; Sony Online Entertainment.
Submit a job