BelkinPlaya Vista, USA
Job descriptionWhat you'll do
As a full-time Interactive Designer, you will be responsible for the design and development of innovative, high-quality global interactive campaigns and general web site enhancements — including banners, mini-sites, landing pages, email blasts and social media assets. You will work closely with Digital Marketing Producers, Front-End Developers, Global Marketing, and E-Commerce teams to ensure online design objectives and timelines are met to Belkin's standards.
How you'll do it
• Supporting marketing efforts by designing static but interactive and engaging online assets — including email blasts, static homepage marquee banners and promo modules, mini-sites, landing pages and social media components.
• Taking designs from concept to completion and handling a variety of tasks — from developing concepts, exploring information architecture and UX issues, design production, developing final designs and art directing photo retouching to presenting to key stakeholders.
• Collaborating with team members to develop innovative designs.
• Understanding the marketplace, competition, industry, etc. to ensure optimal design value and interactivity is achieved.
• Learning about the vast product lines under the Belkin and Linksys brands.
• Adhering to the established budgets and timelines.
• Maintaining the Belkin and/or Linksys brand guidelines.
What you'll need
• Associate degree, or higher, in Graphic Design.
• Minimum of 5 years of proven experience in interactive design and e-commerce.
• Online portfolio with approximately 10 website examples must be submitted as part of the application process.
• Intermediate to expert proficiency in Photoshop CS5, InDesign CS5, Illustrator CS5.
• Collaborative team spirit.
• Ability to work under extremely tight deadlines.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Passion about pixel-perfect layouts and design.
• Solid understanding of UI Design.
• Solid understanding of multi-platform user experience challenges.
• Experience with high-profile, global brands; ability to create innovative designs within brand guidelines.
• Experience with designing responsive sites is a plus.
• Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
• Strong understanding of motion design is not required, but a big plus (Flash CS5, After Effects CS5, HTML5).
• Familiarity with CSS and HTML/HTML5 is preferred but not required.
• Interest in and/or experience with a consumer electronics brand is a plus.
What you're getting into
This position offers the rare opportunity to work on a team that is tasked with elevating the web design and user experience of a billion-dollar international consumer electronics brand. Beyond having a strong online portfolio, you will be expected to be a designer who is extremely motivated, self-driven, independent yet collaborative, flexible, resourceful, positive and patient.
This position is perfect for a designer excited to take on the challenge of working in a corporate environment (with a fun and smart team) and contributing to the evolution of a global brand's web presence.
For more details and to apply for this position, visit us at www.belkin.com/careers
For creative roles, please ensure to have a link to your portfolio.
We are committed to diversity. Belkin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
How to applyPlease go to http://www.belkin.com/us/careerspage/ and apply online
Jobs and Careers for the Creative Industry The target audience to fill your latest vacancies is surfing The FWA every day. Take advantage of one of the biggest niche audiences online by posting your job vacancies today. TheFWA.com serves over 3 million site visits per month to over 425,000 unique users from 181 countries.
Your posting will be immediately available for viewing and will stay online for 60 days. You can also promote your posting via social networking channels including Facebook and Twitter. Reach your target right away!
We have successfully run job vacancy adverts for over 500 agencies / companies from 34 countries. Most of the world's interactive agencies have used this service and so have brands including: Alienware; Burton Snowboards; Cartoon Network; Disney Online; EA; Macy’s; Microsoft; Ministry of Sound; MSN; MTV Networks; MySpace; Nike; PUMA; Rockstar Games; Sony Online Entertainment.
Submit a job