Birthright Israel FoundationNew York City, USA
Job descriptionThe Birthright Israel Foundation raises funds to support Taglit-Birthright Israel which provides the gift of first time, peer group, educational trips to Israel for Jewish young adults ages 18 to 26.
We are seeking an Jr. Graphic Designer, based in NYC, to be a member of a dynamic, professional and fast-paced team. This position will provide design (digital & print) support for the communication team; reporting directly to the Senior Digital Designer/Creative Director.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Keep current with new technologies and best practices for delivering content seamlessly in the digital space;
• Lead the integration between old and newer technologies and assuring that all branded material developed for digital presentation works in concert with print collaterals;
• Assist with the coordination all social media efforts and provide knowledgeable insights into the organization's use of social media tools, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and others;
• Manages work flow to ensure schedules and maintains the creative flow of online communications;
• Maintains positive work environment with high creative standards;
• Responsible for supporting all organizational branding, marketing and publicity efforts;
• Work with fundraisers in the design and execution of their collateral material needs;
• Create and design online and offline marketing materials and other organizational design needs;
• Monitor and enhance online presence of organization, including co-branded partners and other entities that reference the organization;
• Assist with online marketing efforts on organization website and emails;
• May be assigned other tasks and duties reasonably related to job responsibilities.
Education, Skills and Experience Required:
• BA Degree or relevant degree from a reputable school of design;
• 3 years of graphic/print design experience; Strong layout and typography skills.
• Experience with HTML and CSS, particularly for use in email.
• Possesses strong Photoshop & InDesign skills, can take a project through mechanical phase. Illustration skills a plus. Mac/PC Proficient. Adobe Creative
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, efficiently and meet deadlines;
• Team oriented and have a collaborative approach to creative development;
• Excellent attention to detail, responsiveness, and creative problem solving skills;
• Ability to take ideas from concept to creative to final execution with ease;
• Strong internet skills required on social networking sites, knowledge of online marketing;
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ideally, literate in the non-profit communications arena; familiar with culturally diverse design challenges;
• Must have a track record for creating interesting, unusual and unique ideas to address a visual design problem;
How to applyWe offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package. Please email a resume, cover letter and link to your online portfolio to email@example.com with the subject line "Jr. Graphic Designer".
We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with Birthright Israel Foundation. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Birthright Israel Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color and members of the LGBT community are encouraged to apply.
Jobs and Careers for the Creative Industry The target audience to fill your latest vacancies is surfing The FWA every day. Take advantage of one of the biggest niche audiences online by posting your job vacancies today. TheFWA.com serves over 3 million site visits per month to over 425,000 unique users from 181 countries.
Your posting will be immediately available for viewing and will stay online for 60 days. You can also promote your posting via social networking channels including Facebook and Twitter. Reach your target right away!
We have successfully run job vacancy adverts for over 500 agencies / companies from 34 countries. Most of the world's interactive agencies have used this service and so have brands including: Alienware; Burton Snowboards; Cartoon Network; Disney Online; EA; Macy’s; Microsoft; Ministry of Sound; MSN; MTV Networks; MySpace; Nike; PUMA; Rockstar Games; Sony Online Entertainment.
Submit a job