MethodSan Francisco, CA, USA
Job descriptionVisual Design Practice
Visual Designers at Method have a wide variety of graphic design skills that they apply to multiple project types from the creation and application of corporate, service and product brand identity systems to digital interfaces that live across devices and platforms.
As a global design practice at Method, the visual design team is made up of a set of professionals with backgrounds across graphic design, illustration, motion and physical design. What they all have in common is a passionate attention to craft detail, appreciation of modern functional design with a strong aesthetic sense and a constant curiosity to explore effective communication solutions that deliver design excellence in all its forms.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your graphic design thinking and core craft skills across a variety of client categories and design formats & methodologies, e.g. brand identity systems, print, illustration, motion design, digital interface design for products, websites, mobile, tablet and TV.
- 3-5 years prior work experience in a related role
- Solid formal academic background in Graphic Design, Digital Media Design, Communication Design, or commensurate work experience; advanced degree a plus
- Eloquent verbal/written communication & presentation skills, with the ability to successfully articulate design concepts to your team and your client
- Effective time management skills to balance project schedule with fast-paced deadlines
- Enthusiasm for the digital design industry & technology at large
Research & Strategy Skills
- Ability to understand business strategies, user research, market context
- Ability to interpret, translate and extend existing brand, product and service guidelines in the context of developing new experiences
- Experience planning and hosting collaborative workshops and work sessions with internal and external teams
- Ability to conduct market research and brand, product, service audits focused on the visual design systems and their application to corporate, service and product identities
- Ability to contribute to strategic content for brand, service and product propositions working with strategy, interaction and technology team members
- Ability to create visual language concepts, mood definition, behaviors, early design routes and presentation materials that articulate strategic design intent
Design & Technical Skills
- Formal design knowledge and high quality craft skills with attention to detail and ability to deliver effective and functional design artifacts as they pertain to project requirements
- Ability to think strategically and translate brand, service and product requirements into holistic systems that effectively communicate
- Strong ability to think visually and collaborate seamlessly with Interaction Designers it pertains to interaction, behavior, & style discussions
- Strong ability to think technically and collaborate seamlessly with Technologists as it pertains to understanding the benefits, possibilities and constraints of common coding languages and platforms; actual coding experience a plus
- An understanding of Brand, Product and Service development process and ability to transform strategic direction into high quality design artifacts from total systems to individual elements
- An understanding of lean design processes for digital, print, motion, physical a plus
- An understanding of iterative prototyping as an essential part of the design process
- Fluency with common design software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Keynote) for the creation of visual design artifacts and presentations
The people that thrive at Method are curious, empathetic, rigorous, experimental and appreciate a holistic way of solving design problems in collaborative teams through rapid prototyping. Method's culture is a meritocracy in which small project teams collaborate across multiple departments and, in many cases, across offices and time zones. We seek patient and friendly individuals who are smart, curious and opinionated; individuals who have the ability to proactively develop points of view across categories for an ever-changing product and service development environment. But we also seek those that have the ability to listen, to consider other opinions, and who are able to work well with others. At senior levels, we seek managers who can take direction as well as give it; who can lead projects as well as produce design solutions as needed.
If you are a curious individual that believes better experiences shape a better world, we'd like to hear from you.
Method is an equal opportunity employer (EOE), and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. Method is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.
How to applyhttp://method.com/studios/careers
Jobs and Careers for the Creative Industry The target audience to fill your latest vacancies is surfing The FWA every day. Take advantage of one of the biggest niche audiences online by posting your job vacancies today. TheFWA.com serves over 3 million site visits per month to over 425,000 unique users from 181 countries.
Your posting will be immediately available for viewing and will stay online for 60 days. You can also promote your posting via social networking channels including Facebook and Twitter. Reach your target right away!
We have successfully run job vacancy adverts for over 500 agencies / companies from 34 countries. Most of the world's interactive agencies have used this service and so have brands including: Alienware; Burton Snowboards; Cartoon Network; Disney Online; EA; Macy’s; Microsoft; Ministry of Sound; MSN; MTV Networks; MySpace; Nike; PUMA; Rockstar Games; Sony Online Entertainment.
Submit a job