Job descriptionAssociate Director Technology
HIRING | Development Team | Vancouver, BC
Thinkingbox Vancouver is looking for a Associate Director of Technology, who will be responsible for the success of all technical and functional aspect of our clients project as well as manage a team of 10-15 developers. As a lead member of the Development team, you will work closely with the Creative team and Producers to shape the direction of our projects. This is a great opportunity to lead a great team and influence the direction and processes for a young but growing company. This position will directly report to the CEO of the company and is a key part of the leadership team.
- Managing and mentoring a team of 10-15 developers with diverse skill sets.
- Being a guide and resource for senior developers on projects, helping to ensure successful project delivery.
- Support management team with day to day operations of the development and technology team.
- Structure daily tasks for all of the team members.
- Coordinate with producers and PM's on project timeline and Q&A.
- Support all team members with trouble shooting and project challenges.
- Provide hours breakdown for new projects and pitches
- Support the account team on client communication and technology knowledge transfer.
- Present Thinkingbox or New Technologies in Pitches and New Business opportunities.
- Lead the internal team on company R&D/New Technology strategy.
- Work closely with Operation Director and HR on hiring of new staff.
- Review and Manage current staff performance and delivery level.
- Run and further build the development team across all company offices.
- Coordinate with all Producers on all pitch technical ideations & content.
- Drive ideation's technology approach on all client communications.
- Work with CFO and finance team on production planning.
- Work with CEO on expansion plans and dev. team growth strategy.
- Lead internal team in R&D projects and strategy.
- Leading and facilitating agile practices and helping to refine and implement our software development processes.
- Project management experience working with web and/or application development at a design agency or software product company.
- Passion for building software. Huge bonus points if you have in depth experience in WebGL, AWS or Mobile.
- Experience with multiple programming languages from different areas of development from web, to server side to mobile.
- Enthusiasm for learning about new technologies and proactively sharing with the team.
- You'll be working closely with Creative team and Producers. Good effective communication is a must.
- A strong desire to be a part of growing digital agency and build the best solutions for your clients, no matter how long it takes to get there.
- 5 - 6 years relevant experience
- Experience in managing
- Strong front end web development skills (HTML / CSS)
- Experience using CSS preprocessors such as LESS, Sass
- Excellent understanding of OO programming
- Strong understanding of mobile developments.
- Vue.js, CreateJS, Pixi.js, GSAP, Browserify
- Degree in computer science or related discipline
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to drive prototyping of creative ideation using software and technologies (arduino, coding, VR, etc).
- Experience with Web APIs (Google's APIs, Facebook API, Twitter API)
- Experience with a CMS (Drupal, WordPress, Joomla)
- Proficient with server side development (PHP or Java Servlets or ASP.NET)
- Enthusiastic with a passion for learning about and developing emergent technologies
NICE TO HAVE:
- Design Skills.
- Work in Marketing/Advertising agency.
- Sense of humour.
How to apply- Please email your CV, & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- No Phone Calls Please
- In your cover letter, please include links to examples of relevant projects or demos.
Jobs and Careers for the Creative Industry The target audience to fill your latest vacancies is surfing The FWA every day. Take advantage of one of the biggest niche audiences online by posting your job vacancies today. TheFWA.com serves over 3 million site visits per month to over 425,000 unique users from 181 countries.
Your posting will be immediately available for viewing and will stay online for 60 days. You can also promote your posting via social networking channels including Facebook and Twitter. Reach your target right away!
We have successfully run job vacancy adverts for over 500 agencies / companies from 34 countries. Most of the world's interactive agencies have used this service and so have brands including: Alienware; Burton Snowboards; Cartoon Network; Disney Online; EA; Macy’s; Microsoft; Ministry of Sound; MSN; MTV Networks; MySpace; Nike; PUMA; Rockstar Games; Sony Online Entertainment.
Submit a job